Amateur Radio Exams
Our Testing dates for 2023:
August- No Test - Huntsville Hamfest
Tests begin promptly @ 1pm.
Testing location is the Limestone County EMA 1011 W. Market St Athens, AL 35611. Located across the street from the post office.
You will need to bring:
- Two forms of ID, at least one must be a photo ID
- Certificate(s) of Completion, and photocopies of same, for any elements for which you’re claiming prior exam credit
- Your license (if you’re already a ham), and a photocopy of same
- Examinees should register in the FCC CORES registration system and receive an FRN before exam day. To obtain an FRN via the FCC ULS system, visit www.fcc.gov.
- The exam fee in cash (currently $15)
- Writing instruments
- A calculator (if you need one). You will need to demonstrate that its memory is cleared.
- NOTE: Cellphones and tablets will not be allowed during the exam.
- NOTE: The FCC has indicated VECs/VE teams should discontinue the practice of accepting social security numbers at exam sessions.